David Heath was born on 16th March 1954 in Westbury-sub-Mendip, Somerset.
He attended Millfield School and went on to study at St John's College Oxford, (MA Physiological Sciences) and the City University, London. On leaving University in 1979, he went into practice as a registered optician.
His political career began in 1985, when he was elected to Somerset County Council as a Liberal, remaining on the county council continuously until May 1997. He served as Leader of the Council from 1985 to 1989, and leader of the opposition from 1989 to 1991. In 1989 he was awarded the CBE for political service.
David in Parliament
- Upcoming Business – Commons: Main Chamber (11 Dec 2013)
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Topical Questions (5 Dec 2013)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (4 Dec 2013)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department: Energy Bills (2 Dec 2013)
Church Hill House,
17 Bath Street,
Tel: 01373 473618
Please ensure that you provide your name and address details for our records in any correspondence.